VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet
Name: Karena Drako
Affinities : Writting and Death

PostSubject: Shaunee Cole   Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:30 am

Shaunee Cole has an affinity for Fire. She is of mixed Jamaican/American descent with long dark glossy waves of hair, cappuccino colored skin, and dark eyes from Connecticut. She is rich and loves shopping and boys. Early on in the books she is very close to Erin Bates, who is very much like her. They are called Twins for their closeness.

Here in the darkness I know myself....

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://houseofnight.forumotion.net/forum.htm
WazzuMan
Discovering you have an affinity for Air

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Shaunee Cole   Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:12 am

I liked the Twins well enough, but I like Shaunee, post Twin-breakup, a whole lot better. And I'm happy to see she likes herself better too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet
Name: Erina
Affinities : Air, water, writing

PostSubject: Re: Shaunee Cole   Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:36 pm

I agree with WazzuMan. Shaunee was one of my favorite characters from the beginning but after the post-Twin break up I started to like her even more. That girl has attitude^^ Me likes^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://filin-prinsessa.tumblr.com/
ZoeRedbird
Mod
Mod

Female Libra Pig

Character sheet
Name: Dock
Affinities : Telepathy

PostSubject: Re: Shaunee Cole   Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Seeing her away from Erin opens eyes to who she actually is. I know it's sad that they did break-up, but I think it was for the best and a long time coming.
Shaunee is a strong character and I like her as her own person and not stuck with Erin all the time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Shaunee Cole   Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:18 pm

This has been one of the most interesting character developments in the series to date. It actually causes me to reassess who the "Twins" actually were. It seemed the whole time like they were, as Damien said himself, two sides of the same person. I could tell them apart by their appearance or affinity but I couldn't separate one from the other.

Now I wonder. According to Shaunee's point of view, and what little I gather from Erin's dialogue there had been conflict between them. Whatever one didn't like about the other they kept to themselves until finally they came to a subject they couldn't agree on, and the subject was a personal issue of Shaunee from right before she met Erin. So now I wonder what really brought them together? They are certainly like minded people but were they drawn together because they saw something in each other, that they were both dealing with personal issues from when or before they were Marked.

So is the break-up because Shaunee was finally choosing to deal with her father-abandonment issues? Her problems may not be resolved yet, but she is talking about it, and seeing Rephaim and Kalona has given her hope of reconciling with her own father. That's all well in good for her, and it may explain why Erin is suddenly the bad apple. Maybe she was heading the way she was all along, maybe they both were, but something in each other that strengthen them both, but they never dealt with their very different issues. Shaunee is in a more positive way and she feels better about herself then she did as a Twin. If my hypothesis is correct then Erin is sinking lower because she isn't dealing with hers and seeing Shaunee begin to move on has driven her off the edge.

So many questions. Could this have easily happened in reverse if Erin began dealing with whatever was troubling her and Shaunee was the one to go bad? Or is Shaunee the better person whose pain had drawn Erin in and kept her from falling deeper until now? Am I in fact over-analysing because I really only have half the piece of this puzzle? We have maybe only two books left (in the main series) before the journey ends so I hope we get to hear Erin's side soon. One more thing I wonder is if PC had intended this all along and left it late so the Twins would get caught on opposite sides? It is absolutely genius and either way I applaud her, at least until I hear how it ends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaunee Cole   

Back to top Go down

Shaunee Cole
Page 1 of 1